Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Grahm Challenger

Bauer possibly a challenger for Inglis, Graham?
By Jason Spencer
Published: Wednesday, August 29, 2007 | Updated: 6:30 am
ARTICLE OPTIONS
Discuss
Email
Print
digg this
Facebook
Newsvine

South Carolina Lt. Gov. Andre Bauer arrived in Spartanburg last week for a Republican rally saying, "I'm not running for anything."

He wasn't so sure when he left.

Bauer said Tuesday that the sheer number of people who came up to him when he was here and asked him to run for Congress has caused him to consider challenging either U.S. Sen. Lindsey Graham or U.S. Rep. Bob Inglis. Both are Republicans.

"I'm still happy doing what I'm doing," Bauer said. "For a while now, I've had people approach me, and I've kind of brushed it off. But any time you have that many activists in the party approach you, you would have to at least think about it."

The crowd - which had a large contingent of people set on publicly reprimanding Graham for several actions, particularly his support of immigration reform in Congress - was split as to who Bauer should run against. Many hugged him or shook his hand, greeting him by first name.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home