Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Hegel Draws a Challenger

Even though he is pro war, I like Bruning over the Amnesty loving Hegel.

Nebraska Attorney General Jon Bruning formally announced today his candidacy for the United States Senate. The seat is held by incumbent Sen. Chuck Hagel, with the primary election scheduled for May 13, 2008.
“I am a candidate without reservation,” Bruning said. “I’m running hard and I’m running to win.”

Bruning was joined at the news conference by family, friends, and supporters. He was introduced to the crowd by Nebraska State Treasurer Shane Osborn. “I am proud to stand here today with my friend, colleague, and fellow Republican, Osborn said. “Nebraskans know Jon Bruning as a man of his word, a man of action, and a man of accomplishment.”

Bruning expressed disappointment in Hagel’s lack of leadership on the issues facing the country, from Hagel’s vote for an early withdraw from Iraq to Hagel’s support for the current immigration bill offering amnesty to 12 million illegal immigrants.

Link

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home